mercoledì 17 marzo 2010

TIMOTHY HON HUNG LEE

British Born Chinese Artist / Illustrator


I couldn't explain it to you, the words aren't there. I guess the titles can guide you a little if you want them to. I’m not seeking perfection with my works, that much I do know. I like the near misses much more.

clip_image002

Tim is a young up and coming artist based in the UK. His works are beginning to attract international attention from various Art publications and galleries.
His art in his own words has gone full circle. Prior to 2008 he barely picked up his pencil for 4 years.

clip_image003

“I wanted to see what else was out there, I experimented with computers. Though digital has many plus points I felt it lacked human touch. There is something much more personal when the work is hand-drawn.”
Tim is very much into the tradition of eastern art, his works pay homage to past Chinese dynasties such as Tang, Song and Qing eras. The patterns and traditional forms of these cultures are intertwined in his drawings.

clip_image004

“The thing about art is that you know not much has changed. Times have changed of course and our perception of what art is too, but when you break things down it’s all very simple: to make something out of nothing. I want to see what I can do with some the most basic of tools. I hope I make that something.”

clip_image006


Published print & web:
Nyarts Magazine, Juxtapoz arts & culture (web), Sex in Art, Neighbour advertising, Illusive 2, Lost at E minor, SuperDark Records.
Shows:
Nov 08 – GangBang group show, Proud Galleries, Camden London
Dec 08 – Welcome to the Alcove group show, Ad Hoc Art Gallery, Brooklyn NY
Jan 09 – Delineations group show, Ad Hoc Art Gallery, Brooklyn NY

clip_image007

clip_image008

clip_image009

clip_image010

clip_image012

clip_image013

clip_image015

clip_image016

clip_image017

clip_image018

http://www.timleeart.com/

Fonte

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails